Anchovy Tomato and Three Cheese RisottoServes 4Prep Time:15 minCooking Time:Ingredients
1 l fish or vegetable stock, hot
2 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
½ cup dry white wine
1 can (410g) All Gold Chopped, Peeled Tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
300g Arborio rice (risotto rice)
Salt & pepper
200g anchovies in oil, drained
5 tbls chunky cottage cheese
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup cubed feta
Chopped fresh parsley for garnishPreparation MethodStock: Mix stock and tomato paste and keep warm on the stove next to the cooking pot.
1. In a deep, heavy bottom pan, melt the oil and butter together. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened but not brown.
2. Add wine to deglaze the pan and then add the sugar & tomatoes, bring to the boil.
3. Add the rice and stir until coated in the mixture.
4. Gradually add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy but still firm.
5. Add in the anchovies and the chunky cottage cheese, fold lightly.
Serve hot in bowls, garnish with parmesan, feta and chopped parsley.
Chef's tip: Serve with some garlic bread. Add some chilli for extra flavour.
BBQ Three Beans and Bacon SaladServes 9Prep Time:35 minCooking Time:Ingredients
2 tbls oil
½ cup onion, finely chopped
½ cup carrot, diced
½ cup green pepper, diced
2 tsps garlic, crushed
1 tsps green chilli, finely chopped
2 tsps medium curry powder
¾ cup diced bacon
1 cup All Gold Braai Relish
2 tsp All Gold Tomato Paste
¼ cup brown sugar
2 cans mixed beans, rinsed and drained
1 can baked beans in tomato sauce
¼ cup brown balsamic vinegar
¾ cup All Gold BBQ Sauce
2 tsps fresh herbs of choice (coriander, thyme, or origanum)
Salt and pepperPreparation Method
1. In a large frying pan or pot, heat the oil, add the onion, carrot, green pepper, garlic and chilli and sauté until softened. Add the curry powder and lightly sauté.
2. Add the bacon, tomato paste, braai relish, brown sugar and stir to combine.
3. Allow bacon mixture to cook uncovered for a few minutes.
4. Add all the beans, balsamic vinegar, BBQ sauce and fresh herbs and mix well to combine, bring to the heat and allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to reduce sauce to desired consistency. Adjust the seasoning with salt or pepper.
5. Serve as a warm salad to accompany a roast or a braai.Chef's tip: Bacon adds extra flavour, however can be left out for a meat-free option. This salad can be served hot or cold and keeps well in the fridge for up to five days. Different types of canned beans can be used. Also try adding in green beans for extra colour.