Anchovy Tomato and Three Cheese RisottoServes 4Prep Time:15 minCooking Time:Ingredients
1 l fish or vegetable stock, hot
2 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
½ cup dry white wine
1 can (410g) All Gold Chopped, Peeled Tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
300g Arborio rice (risotto rice)
Salt & pepper
200g anchovies in oil, drained
5 tbls chunky cottage cheese
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup cubed feta
Chopped fresh parsley for garnishPreparation MethodStock: Mix stock and tomato paste and keep warm on the stove next to the cooking pot.
1. In a deep, heavy bottom pan, melt the oil and butter together. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened but not brown.
2. Add wine to deglaze the pan and then add the sugar & tomatoes, bring to the boil.
3. Add the rice and stir until coated in the mixture.
4. Gradually add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy but still firm.
5. Add in the anchovies and the chunky cottage cheese, fold lightly.
Serve hot in bowls, garnish with parmesan, feta and chopped parsley.
Chef's tip: Serve with some garlic bread. Add some chilli for extra flavour.
Braised Chilli Tomato BeefServes 4Prep Time:Not suppliedCooking Time:1 hour 25minIngredients
45ml (3 tbsps) oil
1 large eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
30ml (2 tbsps) plain flour
700g beef chuck steak, cut into 3cm pieces
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
2 red chillies, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
30ml (2 tbsps) brown sugar
15ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
1 sachet (405g) All Gold Pasta Sauce
30ml (2 tbsps) All Gold Tomato Paste
125ml (½ cup) red wine
125ml (½ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley leavesPreparation Method
1. Heat half the oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add eggplant. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
2. Place flour and beef in a plastic bag. Seal. Shake to coat. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add half the beef. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
3. Add spring onions, chilli and garlic to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until spring onions have softened.
4. Add sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Add All Gold Pasta Sauce, cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Return eggplant, beef and juices to pan with All Gold Tomato Paste, wine and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover. Simmer for 40 minutes or until beef is tender. Stir in parsley. Serve with cooked samp or rice.Cook’s note: If you wish to, it's not imperative, you can sweat the eggplant by sprinkling with salt and then rinse under cold water before cooking it.