Anchovy Tomato and Three Cheese RisottoServes 4Prep Time:15 minCooking Time:Ingredients
1 l fish or vegetable stock, hot
2 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
½ cup dry white wine
1 can (410g) All Gold Chopped, Peeled Tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
300g Arborio rice (risotto rice)
Salt & pepper
200g anchovies in oil, drained
5 tbls chunky cottage cheese
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup cubed feta
Chopped fresh parsley for garnishPreparation MethodStock: Mix stock and tomato paste and keep warm on the stove next to the cooking pot.
1. In a deep, heavy bottom pan, melt the oil and butter together. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened but not brown.
2. Add wine to deglaze the pan and then add the sugar & tomatoes, bring to the boil.
3. Add the rice and stir until coated in the mixture.
4. Gradually add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy but still firm.
5. Add in the anchovies and the chunky cottage cheese, fold lightly.
Serve hot in bowls, garnish with parmesan, feta and chopped parsley.
Chef's tip: Serve with some garlic bread. Add some chilli for extra flavour.
Curried Samp and BeansServes 6Prep Time:2 hoursCooking Time:Ingredients
4 cups dry samp and bean mix
2 tbls oil
1 cup onion, finely chopped
¾ cup green pepper, chopped
¾ cup red pepper, chopped
3 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh chilli, finely chopped
3 tbls medium curry powder
1 tbls masala
½ cup water
3 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
2 cans All Gold Chopped Tomatoes or All Gold Indian Tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
3 cups chopped spinach
3 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
Salt and pepperPreparation Method
1. Soak the samp and beans overnight in lots of water.
2. After soaking, drain the water off and plain in a pot covered with fresh water and salt. Simmer slowly until nearly soft and tender but still firm. Drain any excess water out.
3. In a heavy based saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
4. Add peppers, chilli, curry powder and masala and lightly sauté.
5. Add the paste, tomatoes and sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
6. Add the water, spinach and samp and bean mix and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper
7. Fold in the chopped fresh coriander and mix through.
8. Serve warm. Garnish with extra coriander.Chef's tip: For a meaty addition, add some cubed lamb or beef in the beginning with the onions and cook until soft and tender before adding the samp and beans. Add more chilli if you require it hotter!