Anchovy Tomato and Three Cheese RisottoServes 4Prep Time:15 minCooking Time:Ingredients
1 l fish or vegetable stock, hot
2 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
½ cup dry white wine
1 can (410g) All Gold Chopped, Peeled Tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
300g Arborio rice (risotto rice)
Salt & pepper
200g anchovies in oil, drained
5 tbls chunky cottage cheese
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup cubed feta
Chopped fresh parsley for garnishPreparation MethodStock: Mix stock and tomato paste and keep warm on the stove next to the cooking pot.
1. In a deep, heavy bottom pan, melt the oil and butter together. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened but not brown.
2. Add wine to deglaze the pan and then add the sugar & tomatoes, bring to the boil.
3. Add the rice and stir until coated in the mixture.
4. Gradually add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy but still firm.
5. Add in the anchovies and the chunky cottage cheese, fold lightly.
Serve hot in bowls, garnish with parmesan, feta and chopped parsley.
Chef's tip: Serve with some garlic bread. Add some chilli for extra flavour.
Gourmet Tomato and Bacon Braai MushroomsServes 12Prep Time:40 minCooking Time:15 minIngredients
2 tbls butter
½ cup finely chopped onion
3 tsp garlic, crushed
125g chopped bacon
1 cup All Gold Mediterranean Style diced tomatoes
2 tsp All Gold Tomato Paste
¼ cup All Gold Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp fresh basil or coriander, finely chopped
Salt & pepper
12 large mushrooms, remove the stalk
12 sliced mozzarella cheesePreparation Method
1. Mushrooms can be cooked on the braai or in a preheated oven at 180°C.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic and bacon. Fry until onion is softened and bacon cooked.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except mushrooms and cheese) and mix well. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to thicken. Adjust seasoning.
4. Spoon the filling onto the brown mushrooms and cover each with a slice of cheese.
5. Braai straight on the grill or cook in an oven dish in the oven for about 10 to 15 MinuteChef's tip: These mushrooms are a great accompaniment to a braai, however can also be served as a vegetable side option to your Sunday roast or meal!