Snoek and Peppadew Spring RollsServes: 12 Prep Time: 30 MIN
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) flour
- 12 sheets of 20X 20cm square spring roll wrappers
- oil for deep-frying
- 500ml (2 cups) shredded snoek
- zest of 1 lemon
- 125ml (½ cup) peppadews, finely chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tub (230g) cream cheese
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) ALL GOLD SUPERFINE APRICOT JAM
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
1. For the filling: mix all ingredients together and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. 2. Work with one spring roll square at a time, keeping the remainder covered with a clean dap towel. 3. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling in the wrapper and fold one end, over. Fold in the two sides, and then roll up towards the last end, forming a log shape. Seal the end point with a little flour and water paste. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. 4. Heat oil in a frying pan or wok and deep-fry spring rolls until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towel and serve with Sweet Chilli Sauce.
Add a dollop of Mrs Ball's Sweet Chilli Sauce for an extra kick!