Stuffed Tomato & Mushroom Braai BreadServes: 1 Prep Time: 30 MIN
- 150g butter
- 4 tbls garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
- ½ cup cooked and sliced mushrooms
- 1 can All Gold Mediterranean Tomatoes, drained of excess liquid
- 2 tbls fresh basil, shredded
- Salt & coarse black pepper
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large sour dough bread or ciabatta
1. Mix butter, garlic and tomato paste together. 2. Mix cheeses together. 3. In another bowl, mix the mushrooms, tomatoes & basil together, season well with salt and coarse black pepper. Add a pinch of sugar as well if you would like, to balance tomatoes flavours. Add ¾ of the cheese and mix lightly. 4. Slice the bread as you would for garlic bread:- in slices. Spread very well with the garlic butter all over. 5. Spoon mushroom mixture between the slices, insure it goes in deep in all the slits. 6. Put the bread onto a large piece of foil and then cut the bread down the opposite direction. 7. Sprinkle the top with the last bit of cheese and season again with salt and pepper. 8. Wrap up with the foil and leave until you are ready to braai. 9. Braai on the grids, turning every 5 minutes for about 30 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned on top.
Chef's tip: Can also be baked in the oven at 180°C for 40 minutes.