Bacon-wrapped Pork with Marmalade GlazeServes 6Prep Time:2 hoursCooking Time:1 hourIngredients
1x boneless leg of pork or pork loin
15ml (1 tablespoons) barbecue spice
15ml (1 tablespoon) lemon & herb spice
salt and pepper to taste
5 to 7 slices bacon
90ml (1/3 cup) ALL GOLD sweet orange marmalade
90ml (1/3 cup) chilli sauce
30ml (2 tablespoons) Dijon mustardPreparation Method1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine barbecue spice, lemon & herb, salt and freshly ground black pepper; rub mixture all over the roast.
3. Put the roast in a foil lined baking dish. Arrange bacon over the pork, tucking the ends under the roast.
4. Roast in oven for 60 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients. Generously brush the glaze mixture over the roast and continue roasting for a further 15 minutes.
Anchovy Tomato and Three Cheese RisottoServes 4Prep Time:15 minCooking Time:Ingredients
1 l fish or vegetable stock, hot
2 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
½ cup dry white wine
1 can (410g) All Gold Chopped, Peeled Tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
300g Arborio rice (risotto rice)
Salt & pepper
200g anchovies in oil, drained
5 tbls chunky cottage cheese
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup cubed feta
Chopped fresh parsley for garnishPreparation MethodStock: Mix stock and tomato paste and keep warm on the stove next to the cooking pot.
1. In a deep, heavy bottom pan, melt the oil and butter together. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened but not brown.
2. Add wine to deglaze the pan and then add the sugar & tomatoes, bring to the boil.
3. Add the rice and stir until coated in the mixture.
4. Gradually add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy but still firm.
5. Add in the anchovies and the chunky cottage cheese, fold lightly.
Serve hot in bowls, garnish with parmesan, feta and chopped parsley.
Chef's tip: Serve with some garlic bread. Add some chilli for extra flavour.