Cajun BBQ Steak and Onion WrapServes 4Prep Time:50minCooking Time:Ingredients
2 tsps Cajun spice
700g sirloin or rump steak
Little oil for grilling
2 tsp oil
3 large onions, sliced in thin rings
1 tsp garlic
½ cup peppadews, chopped
1 cup All Gold BBQ Sauce
½ cup All Gold Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
3 tbls All Gold Tomato Sauce
Salt & coarse black pepper
2 to 3 cups rocket
4 wrapsPreparation Method
- Season the steak well on both sides with the Cajun spice, allow to stand for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a grill-pan until piping hot and lightly grease with oil. Cook the steak for 5 minutes on the one side and then 5 minutes on the other side. If you want it more well done, then cook for longer. Leave the steak on one side off the heat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Sauce:Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic until softened. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil, allow to simmer uncovered until sauce thickens. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When you are ready to wrap, place a lot of rocket in the middle of each wrap, divide the meat between the wraps and lay on top of the rocket.
- Top with a lot of the onion relish and bring the side in and then roll the wrap up like a spring roll.
- Slice in half and serve whilst warm. Can also be eaten cold.
Chef's Tip: Delicious if you add some feta cheese inside before wrapping!
Anchovy Tomato and Three Cheese RisottoServes 4Prep Time:15 minCooking Time:Ingredients
1 l fish or vegetable stock, hot
2 tsps All Gold Tomato Paste
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
½ cup dry white wine
1 can (410g) All Gold Chopped, Peeled Tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
300g Arborio rice (risotto rice)
Salt & pepper
200g anchovies in oil, drained
5 tbls chunky cottage cheese
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup cubed feta
Chopped fresh parsley for garnishPreparation MethodStock: Mix stock and tomato paste and keep warm on the stove next to the cooking pot.
1. In a deep, heavy bottom pan, melt the oil and butter together. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened but not brown.
2. Add wine to deglaze the pan and then add the sugar & tomatoes, bring to the boil.
3. Add the rice and stir until coated in the mixture.
4. Gradually add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy but still firm.
5. Add in the anchovies and the chunky cottage cheese, fold lightly.
Serve hot in bowls, garnish with parmesan, feta and chopped parsley.
Chef's tip: Serve with some garlic bread. Add some chilli for extra flavour.